Associates Equity Fund
Step-by-Step Instructions to Transfer to Midland
Before you start the online application, have the following information readily available:
- Credit card (if you wish to use it for payment of annual account fees)
- Beneficiary information (name, address, date of birth, relationship, and SSN)
- Current IRA account statement and account number
Go to https://apply.midlandtrust.com/AEFinvestor to complete the online application. Select the current IRA type you are moving, and complete as denoted in the screen below. Once completed, click “Next.”
Note: If you cannot finish the application in one online session, you can click the button to “Save & Return Later.” If requested, the promo code to use when resuming is “LeeandAssociates.”
Check the box and click “Next.”
Fill out your personal information and click “Next.”
Click “Add Beneficiary” and complete the information. Once finished, click “Next.”
Note: If you don’t have the beneficiary information available, you can click the “Remove Beneficiary” button and “Next.” After your IRA account is set up you can add beneficiary information via your online account access. If you don’t have your beneficiary social security number, you can put in a “placeholder” of “000-00-0000” and update after your IRA account is set up via your online account access.
Note: If only one beneficiary is entered, the “share percentage” input should be 100%.
If Your Account Balance Is Greater Than $30,000
Choose Option 1 (Asset Based) and complete “payment method” information, click “Next.” You can switch between Option 1 and 2 at any time.
If Your Account Balance Is Less Than $30,000
Choose Option 2 (Value Based) and complete “payment method” information, click “Next.” You can switch between Option 1 and 2 at any time.
Complete as denoted in the screen below, then click “Next.”
Click “Add Transfer” and complete as outlined below, once complete, click “Next.”
- You will need to input the account number of the IRA you are moving under the section labeled “Account Number.”
- Under “Institution Name,” start to type in the name of your current custodian you are moving from. Select the name from the drop-down box that appears.
- Transfer Type should be listed as “In-Kind (Private Holding).”
- Under Complete or Partial Transfer, you will select “Complete.”
- Under “Account Type,” you will select the type of IRA account you currently hold at your current institution.
- Upload a copy of your IRA statement using the “Choose File” button under “Upload Current Institution’s Statement.”
Leave investment details blank, but click the box with disclosure on minimum balance and click “Next.”
The system will confirm the $50 new account set up fee was waived. Click “Next.”
Click on “Proceed to E-Signature,” and the system will route you to Docusign.
This is the Docusign screen. You do not need to type anything as your address will already be pre-filled. Double-check your information is correct, and click “Next.”
The below “ID Check” will appear. Answer identification questions.
Note: This screen will include 5 identification questions (unique to you!).
Once the verification process is complete, the below will appear with your executed documents. Hit the “Continue” button. Continue as prompted to “Sign” and/or “Initial” as directed. When done, click “Finish.”
This box will appear. Download your signature document – – you are done!
Note: If you are moving from a custodian that requires your signature on the transfer form, a transfer form document will be included in the packet to sign and fax or email back to Midland. Upon receipt of your signed transfer form, Midland can then start the transfer from your current custodian.
Post Account Set Up
You will receive two emails from Midland.
- Welcome to Midland360 – this email will come from Midland IRA ([email protected]). This email provides you with a link to set up your account password.
- Application Received – this email will come from Midland IRA ([email protected]). This email provides you with your Midland account number and confirms receipt of your transfer forms. No action is required by you.
Midland Is Not a Fiduciary
IRA Holder understands that Midland IRA, Inc. and Midland Trust Company (collectively referred to as “Midland”) is the Administrator and/or Custodian of self-directed retirement accounts the role is non-discretionary and/or administrative in nature. The IRA Holder or his/her authorized representative must direct all investment transactions and choose the investment(s) for the account.
Midland Does Not Provide Tax, Legal, or Investment Advice
Midland has no responsibility or involvement in selecting or evaluating any investment. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as investment, legal, tax, or financial advice or as a guarantee, endorsement, or certification of any investments.