Self-directed IRAs give you freedom from common investment constraints. You have options other than stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. Invest in assets that can do as well, if not better, than these standard assets. The fact is, alternative investment options are endless. The two assets you cannot invest in are life insurance and collectibles.
The most common asset in a self-directed plan is real estate. But, there are many other assets from which you can choose. Start building your retirement income with alternative investments today!
- Accounts Receivable
- Commercial Paper
- Oil and Gas (see below for more info)
- Mineral Rights
- Equipment Leasing
- Structured Settlements
- Timber Land
- Building Bonds
- Limited Partnerships
- Rights or Warrants
- Tax Liens and Deeds
The key is to invest in what you know and understand. Use your knowledge when choosing assets for your retirement plan. The above are a few popular options.
Make plans to secure your financial future with Midland today. We serve clients nationwide who invest in alternatives to build income in their IRA. Midland provides personal service and offers free resources for our clients. We also offer resources for professionals such as realtors, CPAs, and capital fund raisers. Learn how the vast world of self-direction works. Watch our webinars. Listen to a recent Midland Pulse session. Read one of our articles. Or, attend one of our upcoming events.
If you have questions about a unique asset you would like to make within an SDIRA, contact us today.
Oil & Gas
How You Can Invest in Oil & Gas Assets With a Self-Directed IRA
- Raw land for oil and gas options
- Mineral rights of land
- Interests in oil and gas refineries or drilling companies
- Commodities or futures contracts
- Wind and solar
- Hydroelectric energy, hydropower, and wave power
- Natural gas and coal
- Geothermal energy
Before You Invest in Oil & Gas
- Research the investment options to avoid fraud.
- Understand the benefits and risks of these assets.
- Consult with financial, accounting, and industry professionals when making decisions.
Oil & Gas Investment Process
Midland Trust makes the process of investing in an SDIRA easy. And, with a self-directed IRA, you enjoy the benefits of a tax-sheltered account. Below are the steps to invest in oil and gas with your self-directed IRA.
- First, open a Midland account.
- Next, fund your Midland account. You can do this by making a personal contribution, IRA to IRA transfer, or 401(k) to IRA rollover.
- Then fill out Midland’s Private Purchase Auth. form.
- Last, provide Midland with the investment documents from the energy company. For instance, you would provide the Subscription Agreement. The vesting will be Midland Trust Company as Custodian FBO Client Name, Client Account Number.
- Your IRA is now invested in oil and gas assets and receives all income.