Self directed IRAs give you freedom from common investment limitations. You have options other than stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. Acquire assets that can do just as well, if not better, than these traditional investments. The fact is, alternative investment options are limitless. The only two assets you cannot invest in are life insurance and collectibles.
The most popular asset in a self directed plan is real estate. But, there are many other alternative investments from which you can choose. Start building your retirement income with alternative assets today!
Examples of other alternative assets include:
- Accounts Receivable
- Commercial Paper
- Oil and Gas (see below for more information)
- Mineral Rights
- Equipment Leasing
- Structured Settlements
- Building Bonds
- Limited Partnerships
- Rights or Warrants
- Tax Lien Certificates and Deeds
The key is to invest in what you know and understand. Capitalize on your knowledge when choosing assets for your retirement plan. The above are a few popular examples of different available options.
Make plans to secure your successful financial independence with Midland today. We serve clients nationwide who invest in alternatives to build income in their IRA. Midland provides personal service and offers free educational resources for our clients. We also provide resources for professionals such as realtors, CPAs, and capital fundraisers. Learn how the vast world of self direction works. Watch one of our Midland University webinars. Listen to a recent Midland Pulse session. Read one of our articles. Or, attend one of our upcoming events.
If you have questions about a unique investment you would like to make within an SDIRA, contact us today.
Oil & Gas
How You Can Invest in Oil & Gas Assets With a Self Directed IRA
- Invest in raw land for oil and gas options
- Invest in mineral rights of land
- Buy interests in oil and gas refineries or drilling companies
- Acquire commodities or futures contracts
- Wind and solar options
- Hydroelectric energy, hydropower, and wave power
- Natural gas and coal
- Geothermal energy
Before You Invest in Oil & Gas
- Research the investment options to avoid fraud
- Understand the benefits and risks of these assets
- Finally, consult with financial, accounting, and industry professionals when making investment decisions
Oil & Gas Investment Process
Midland Trust makes the process of investing in alternative assets in an SDIRA easy. And, with a self directed IRA, you enjoy the benefits of a tax-sheltered account. Below are the steps to invest in oil and gas with your self directed IRA.
- First, open a Midland account.
- Next, fund your Midland account by making a personal contribution, IRA to IRA transfer, or 401(k) to IRA rollover.
- Then fill out Midland’s Private Purchase Authorization form.
- Lastly, provide Midland with the investment documents from the energy company. For instance, you would provide the Subscription Agreement. The vesting on the documents will be Midland Trust Company as Custodian FBO Client Name, Client Account Number.
- Your IRA is now invested in oil and gas assets and receives all income.